It’s almost time! Sunday is the Big Ass Football Party at the Deerfoot Inn and Casino. If you’ve won tickets to the party, make sure you come say hi to us.
But whether you’re at the party or rocking it at your own party, here are some fun football facts to keep all your friends and guests entertained!
WHAT PEOPLE ARE DRINKING DURING THE SUPER BOWL
According to a new survey from the Nielsen Company, here’s a rundown of what people will be drinking on Super Bowl Sunday:
53% – beer
27% – wine
24% – hard liquor
12% – flavored malt beverages
8% – hard cider
SOME SUPER BOWL FUN FACTS
- The average Super Bowl party has 17 attendees.
- Pizza sales go up 35% the day of the Super Bowl.
- Though wings and pizza are the most popular Super Bowl snacks, around 11 million pounds of chips are eaten on Super Bowl Sunday. And 8 million pounds of avocados will be turned into guacamole for those chips.
- Americans drink more than 51 million cases of beer on Super Bowl weekend.
- Super Bowl Sunday is the biggest winter grilling day of the year.
- The Super Bowl is the second largest day of food consumption behind Thanksgiving.
- Your average calorie intake during the game is about 1,200 calories. (You’d need to run 12 miles to burn off those calories.)
- 6% of Americans call in sick on Monday.
- There are fewer weddings in the United States on Super Bowl Sunday than any other day of the year