It’s officially March Break for public and Catholic students in Calgary. Be careful when you’re driving around the city: With the nice weather there will be many kids running around yards and parks. If you’ve got a few free days, here are some things to do around the city! – Sarah
- See Michael Jordan’s movie Space Jam. It’s a Cineplex Family Favourites Presentation, which means you pay only $2.99
When: Saturday, March 25, 11 a.m.
Where: Cineplex. Check theatres for availability.
Schedule: Check out all upcoming Family Favourites HERE.
2. Visit Heritage Park’s Spring Rally In the Alley, an annual, family-friendly event that shows off different modes of transportation.
When: Running now until April 2, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
What: “Put yourself in the driver’s seat and get set for fun and excitement! Get your team together for a rally like no other. Build your own racer and watch it go. Take a Selfie dressed in historic racing gear. Join the pit crew and get your car back on track. Experience all the fun and fill up on games, crafts and activities. Enter to win our grand champion prize basket and more!”
3. Check out Calgary’s Hitmen in the first round of playoffs as they battle Regina. The series starts in Regina, but returns to Calgary on Tuesday and Thursday nights for games #3 and #4. Check out the schedule and buy tickets HERE. The Pats are dominant team and favourites to win the series, but anything can happen in playoff hockey.
4. Bow Habitat Station is hosting Make Spring Break A Splash!
When: March 28-31
Where: Bow Habitat Station, 1440 17A Street SE
What: Discover the signs of spring:
– ‘Signs of Spring’ guided nature walks (at 11:15 am & 1:15 pm);
– Pollination Station obstacle course;
– Kid’s Craft Zone;
– Extra opportunities to feed the fish at 11 am, 1 pm and 3 pm, or as a part of the 30-min Fish Hatchery tours at 12 pm or 2 pm.
OTHER PLACES TO VISIT MARCH BREAK
We’d love to hear how you’re spending March Break. Call, tweet or text if you’re doing something fun in Calgary, Airdrie, Chestermere, Okotoks, Olds, etc.
403-264-1073, 107107, @Q107Calgary – Sarah