THESE RULES ARE THE STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO THE HITMAKERS MUSIC SURVEY CONTESTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “CONTESTS”, EACH A “CONTEST”) ADMINISTERED BY CFGQ-FM THE CONTESTS ARE INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN THE PROVINCE OF ALBERTA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. VOID IN WHOLE OR IN PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THE CONTESTS CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
- ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible to enter a Contest, an individual must be a legal resident of, and the age of majority in, the province of Alberta;
Employees of CFGQ-FM and Corus Entertainment Inc. (“Corus”), its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies and Contest prize providers (all such entities being individually and collectively referred to hereafter as the “Sponsors”). No more than one (1) prize will be awarded to any person within any calendar month, except in the sole discretion of the Sponsors.
The Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contests. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsors for the purpose of the Contests must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
- CONTEST PERIODS. Each Contest entry period (each a “Contest Period”) shall start and end as indicated on www.q107fm.ca (the “Contest Website”), and/or as indicated in the email inviting you to participate in the Contest (the “Contest Email”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no other entries shall be accepted.
- HOW TO ENTER.
(a) There is no purchase necessary to enter a Contest. To enter, visit the Contest Website, complete and submit the Contest entry form (including your full name, age, gender, and email address), and complete the music test survey or, if more than one (1) music test survey is available as part of the Contest, surveys (each a “Survey” and collectively, the “Surveys”) as instructed. Entries must be received prior to the end of a Contest’s applicable Contest Period to be eligible for entry into that Contest.
(b) Limit of one (1) entry per person per Contest Period, unless otherwise indicated. In the case of multiple entries, only the first eligible entry will be considered and the remainder will be void.
(c) Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address, as applicable. For the purposes of these Contest Rules, “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address, is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses, or account associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each selected entrant may be required to provide Corus with proof that the selected entrant is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
(a) Each Contest prize shall have an approximate retail value between one Canadian dollar (CDN $1.00) and one thousand Canadian dollars (CDN $1,000.00) and shall be announced and described on the Contest Website and/or in the Contest Email at the beginning of each Contest Period. Winners shall not be entitled to receive the difference between the actual prize value and the approximate prize value.
(b) Winners will be contacted by the Sponsors with instructions on how to claim the prize.
(c) Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. Any unused portion of a prize will be forfeited and have no cash value. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
(d) The Sponsors shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected prizes.
- WINNER SELECTION.
(a) Following the end of the applicable Contest Period, Corus will select one (1) entrant (or more, if applicable, based on the number of prizes available to be won) by a random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period, unless otherwise indicated. Each entrant shall be eligible to win only one (1) prize. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received for the Contest. Any remaining entries will not be carried over for entry in the next Contest.
(b) Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant(s) shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call, by e-mail, through the Release (describe below) or in person to comply with these Contest Rules and may be required to sign and return the Release.
(c) If the selected entrant does not respond within the prescribed timeline set out in the notification, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant may be selected (as determined by Corus in its sole discretion) until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsors are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsors to receive a selected entrant’s response.
(d) If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of a Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible prize claimants to award the correct number of prizes.
- RELEASE. Winners may be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release”) that confirms his or her: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the prize as offered; (iii) release of the Sponsors, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the Sponsors of the unrestricted right to produce, reproduce, convert, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, translate, adapt, and otherwise use or re-use his or her name, image, likeness, comments, voice and/or biography in any and all media now known or hereafter devised in connection with publicity related to the Contest. The executed Release(s) must be returned within two (2) business days of the date indicated on the accompanying notification or verification as a winner, or the selected individual(s) will be disqualified and any rights he or she may have to the prize will be forfeited.
- INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering a Contest, each entrant releases and holds the Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrants or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any prize-related activity. Each entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsors are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing or otherwise. The Sponsors are not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials related to the Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any prize. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsors, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest and/or the Contest Website.
- CONDUCT. By participating in a Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules. Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, the Contest Website, or any related promotional website; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any the Sponsor’s property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If applicable, winners must at all times behave appropriately when taking part in the prize and observe the Contest Rules and any other rules or regulations in force at any prize-related locations. The Sponsors reserve the right to remove from any prize-related locations, any winner who breaks such rules and/or fails to behave appropriately and to disqualify such winner.
- PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
(a) By participating in the Contest, each entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her personal information provided when he/she enters the Contest (collectively the “Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the winners and coordinating the provision of the Contest prize; (ii) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest in any and all media without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsors may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of the Sponsors in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and/or (ii) above.
(c) Each winner further agrees that his or her audio reaction may be used for on-air promotional purposes. The entrants understand and acknowledge that Corus may contact him or her on-air without prior knowledge as a result of his or her participation in the Contest.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- TERMINATION. Corus reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate any Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend a Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
- LAW. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contests are subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors and/or the Contests. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsors in connection with the Contests shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
- LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.